A Wine Tasting Evening at the Clubhouse
It was a Saturday evening filled with wine tasting and helping to contribute to good causes.
About 54 Willow Creek 3 residents crowded the clubhouse on November 3 to sample wines from ONEHOPE, a Napa Valley winery. The event was organized by the Willow Creek 3 Social Committee.
The winery, which is associated with Robert Mondavi Jr. and Mari Wells, donates 50 percent of its proceeds to non-profits and various humanitarian efforts. The Social Committee directed that 10 percent of the proceeds from the evening’s wine purchases go to Project C.U.R.E., a Centennial-based non-profit that sends donated medical supplies and equipment to developing countries around the world.
Residents sampled eight varieties of wines during the evening. ONEHOPE’s Natalie Shelton acted as the M.C. and provided information on each of the wine selections. Residents were served as they sat at tables and chairs set around the room.
Throughout the event, attendees were tested by Shelton with wine-related trivia questions. Prizes were awarded to the winners.
Organizing and promoting the activities took considerable time and effort on the part of the Social Committee. Thank you to the committee volunteers and to all the residents who attended.
Want to burn off a few calories prior to the big meal Thanksgiving day? Check out the 9th Annual Willow Creek Turkey Trot. You’ll find information on this low-key event in the Coming Events/Meetings listings on this Home page… Look for Santa to show up on Sunday, December 16 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the WC3 clubhouse. Details to come…South Suburban Parks and Recreation has completed work to smooth the shoulder of the Willow Creek Trail by the townhomes. The trail shoulder is built for those who want to exercise on a softer surface.
Important Contact and Links
•Spectrum Commercial Real Estate Solutions
1873 South Bellaire Street, Suite 300
Denver, CO 80222
303 409-6000 (main); 303 409-6001 (fax)
Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
Amanda Phifer, Executive Administrative Assistant
303 409-6018 (direct); 303 409-6000 (main)
• Board Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please identify yourself in your email. The board’s goal is to check emails daily and respond within three days. The board asks for your patience in case there is an unforeseen delay.
• Clubhouse Manager: Deanna Mumfrey (See Clubhouse page for details)
Clubhouse fee $35/day, $100 deposit. Need to complete rental agreement.
• Tennis court keys and pool keycards: Amanda Phifer
• Perfect Pools (WC3 pool management) 303 795-1191
• JBK Landscape: 303 751-0192
WC3 landscape and greenbelt maintenance.
• Waste Management (trash and recycling) 303 797-1600
• Dolphins Swim Team (Willow Creek 3 youth swim team)
• Willow Creek Women’s Club: Carolyn Pyron, President
• Willow Creek Tennis Club: Mary Beth Doerr, Pres.; Michael Darling, Vice-Pres.
Organizes and promotes tennis activities for all three Willow Creek communities.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office non emergency number: 303 795-4711
The ACSO provides police services under contract with the city of Centennial.
• City of Centennial Information Line: 303 325-8000
Available 24/7 to answer questions and direct you where to go for help.
• District 3 (includes Willow Creek) City Council Representatives:
Ken Lucas, 303 754-3367, Email: email@example.com
Mike Sutherland, 303 754-3407, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• City of Centennial Animal Control: 303 325-8070
• South Suburban Parks and Recreation: 303 798-5131
• South Metro Safety Foundation: 303 805-0228; 720 989-2260
Classes offered by this organization include: CPR, Driver Awareness, Teen Crash Avoidance, Super Sitting Babysitting. They also do child card seat inspections.
• Nextdoor.com: A free social network serving neighbors and the community. Monitored locally by Willow Creek residents.
Do you have website questions, comments, criticisms, suggestions, events, news? Email website administrator Bob Correll: email@example.com